Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My First Vocation

This weekend plus Monday is the Labor Day Weekend in the USA. However, what I did was just doing my labor, except being invited to Jim's home.

The homework of Algorithm & Data Structures was so difficult and time-consuming. Having taken about 2 days, I still had some problems pending. Yesterday, when I search Algorithm group in Douban.com, I found a person's blog. On it, he wrote a detail comment about "Introduction to Algorithms". From his article, I knew that he had spent 20 months reading this book and doing all of the exercises and problems. Though there were some drawbacks in the book, he believed that reading this book was a great way to improve his perspective and skill on Computer Science.

How I wish I could be the same like him. This semester, I've started to read "Concrete Mathematics", which is more difficult than the book mentioned above. I hope I can keep on reading, exercising and thinking until the last page. 2 years is really a short period, I should take time to make me strong in my field!

No comments:

Post a Comment